What is the last date that Niagara AX licenses can be purchased?
Niagara AX Licenses and License options may be purchased through July 1, 2021. After that, no new AX licenses or license options will be sold.
Can I stock Niagara AX Licenses and options?
Yes, you can purchase Niagara AX licenses and license options prior to July 1, 2021 for future use and keep them in your software stock.
If I have a Niagara AX system, and I need to replace or add a JACE after July 1, 2021, what are my options?
1. Prior to July 1, 2023, you may purchase an SMA (software maintenance agreement) for your supervisor and migrate the Supervisor to Niagara 4. You will also need to purchase a JACE 8000 with Niagara core and SMA, migrate the station of the JACE you are replacing to Niagara 4, and install the migrated station into the JACE 8000. The migrated supervisor will communicate with your existing JACEs as well as the new JACE 8000 that is running on the Niagara 4 framework.
2. If you stocked the AX downgrade part for the JACE 8000, you may purchase a JACE 8000, downgrade it to AX, and copy the station of the JACE that you are replacing into the new JACE.
3. After July 1, 2023, you will need to purchase a new Niagara 4 Supervisor license and JACE 8000 and migrate both your supervisor station and JACE station to Niagara 4.
What if I want to add a driver to my AX Supervisor or JACE after July 1, 2021?
1. If you stocked the AX driver part, you may add it to an existing Niagara AX License.
2. If you do not have the software option in your software stock, you will need to upgrade to
Niagara 4. This will require that you upgrade your supervisor to Niagara 4 with an SMA prior to July 1, 2023. After July 1, 2023, you will need to purchase a new Niagara 4 Supervisor license. You may also need to purchase a JACE 8000.
How does the end of life for Niagara AX affect support?
1. No new Niagara AX Licenses or option parts will be created or sold.
2. Tridium will not address defects or cybersecurity issues after July 1, 2021.
3. Windows versions, browsers, databases, etc., released post July 1, 2021 will not be tested with Niagara AX and may have breaking changes that will not be addressed.
4. Niagara AX software builds will no longer be available for download.